Blog single

15 Comments
  1. Kick13 December 18, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Mark, Kick here, I live in Vernon & if I need a bike mechanic the guy I use is Dan, owner of Dan’s Garage on Okanagan Ave towards Kin Beach. He rides & used to work at the Harley factory in Wisconsin. If u google his place u should get the exact address I do most of my own work but was not familiar with the fuel injection, I am now. Anyway if ur stuck give him a visit.
    Regards,
    Kick

• Mark Novak December 19, 2019 at 8:29 am

Thanks Kick, nice to have more than one option for a good mechanic. Will keep him in mind.

2. grandpabiker November 19, 2019 at 1:58 pm

To Terry
    regarding your loose battery connection. I have a 2005 sportster that I was having trouble starting. I read many many forums trying to figure out what was wrong, Turned out it was a loose battery connection on both the positive and negative posts. I tightened them up to specs and every thing was good. about 5 to 6 hundred Kms again it started having trouble starting, checked the connections, loose again. This time tightened to specs then put a zip tie around each connection really tight. No problems in over 8,000 kms

3. Terry Edwards October 2, 2019 at 9:43 am

Unfortunately, I’ve had to revise my opinion about Owlhead Garage. After spending $450 there to get my bike to start, the bike began doing the same thing yesterday. Kiel had cleaned the connections to the starter and had it running, but then it quit starting again yesterday. When I checked the battery connections, it turned out the negative was a tiny bit loose. Once I tightened it, the bike started instantly. I suspect that’s what was wrong from the beginning and Kiel admitted it’s possible, but didn’t offer any compensation. Basically I spent $450 on a loose battery connection that wasn’t fixed. I won’t be going back there.

4. Terry Edwards September 26, 2019 at 8:39 am

Tried out Owlhead Garage in Sicamous and I was quite impressed with the service. Kiel didn’t know much about Triumphs but he is a competent mechanic and he got the work done that I needed (adjust the valves and repair a starter that wasn’t working) at a reasonable cost ($100 an hour for labour). He even loaned me his truck when he didn’t get the work done that day so I could drive home to Kelowna and come back the next day. When my bike wouldn’t start, he drove from Sicamous and picked it up for me.

• Mark Novak September 28, 2019 at 7:59 am

I had my bike serviced there and he was very reasonable price wise. He seems very knowledgeable and is one of those I’ll get it figured out kind of guys. He is a Red Seal Harley mechanic but will work on anything.

5. Terry Edwards July 9, 2019 at 5:18 am

Ken, Bentley doesn’t have a qualified Triumph mechanic after Gord quit. I really dislike dealing with them anyway. The owner is an a-hole. Thanks Mark. I’ll try calling the guy next time I need something done.

• Ken Roche July 14, 2019 at 9:14 am

hey Terry, Ya I knew the owner is an A-hole in one. Lol. just thought they had a mech there for ya. guess your best bet is sicamous.
      hope all is well with you and the bike.
      cheers Ken.

6. Mark Novak July 7, 2019 at 7:28 am

The mechanic Kiel Kretz cell # 2502125446 and the business # 2508360078. Their website is http://www.owlheadgarage.com. He seemed pretty sharp, i’m pretty sure he would work on your bike.

7. Terry Edwards July 7, 2019 at 6:17 am

I wonder if they work on Triumphs? I have to take mine to Langley to get anything done on it.

• Ken Roche July 7, 2019 at 10:56 am

Why wouldn’t you go to triumph across the lake terry?? just wondering. cheers Ken.

8. Mark Novak July 6, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Oh and they work on all bikes not just Harley ‘s.

9. Mark Novak July 6, 2019 at 8:29 pm

OK I will respond to my own post in case anybody cares. Chad in Armstrong has shut down his business so I asked him if he had any recommendations and he recommended Owlhead in Sicamous. Their a new company and have a Red Seal Harley mechanic. Treated me well.

• Ken Roche July 7, 2019 at 10:59 am

Hi Mark, Ken Roche Here. I ride a victory. do you think they work on those?
      thanks so much for the research you’ve do here. I knew Chad closed his doors. thought he might still do the odd jobs outa his house though. guess im wrong, Lol. cheers Ken.

• Mark Novak July 7, 2019 at 12:05 pm

I’m pretty sure he will work on anything. Seemed like a good bunch of guys, definitely worth a stop and visit when your riding out that way. When your riding east on the main highway turn right off the highway at Chevron/A and W, follow the frontage road and there down the first road to the left.